Monday, June 3, 2013

Stupidest Thing You Have Ever Done

So what is it? I mean, we've all been kids (and we all know how dumb little kids are. Or maybe that's what they want us to believe. It's a conspiracy!) and we've all had moments of crazy lapses in judgment, so I'm sure we all have a good store of stupid things we've done that we either whip out during parties to impress that one particular target (I mean, you are still standing), or that we'd rather forget altogether.

Anyway, I'll go first. Actually, due to the sheer amount of stupid things I've done, it's kind of hard to pick a favorite. So I'm just gonna enumerate a couple of things:

1. I once decided to lick a plug for the heck of it. I mean, is "electricity" really a thing, or was Benjamin Franklin just messing with us?
Damn near electrocuted myself. But hey, at least we know electricity's the real deal now. Where's my nobel prize? 

2. Being a kid and being amazed at how thermometers worked, I ran one under hot water and then immediately under cold water. It exploded and then there I was with broken glass around me and a palmful of mercury. Lucky my mom saw me and saved me.  

3. Used up time and effort to think up a good, context-specific pick-up line for this one guy I kinda knew, and all I got was a bland "That's cute". First and last time I ever used a pick-up line on someone I will still be able to see on a fairly regular basis. The awkwardness that follows ain't worth it. 

4. Kicked our Xbox because my bro wouldn't let me play, and at the time it seemed like a good idea to let him realize that I really really wanted to play already. It suddenly made weird noises and the game stuck. Something happened and long story short, my brother's new game got scratched to the point of "unplayability", I got a grounded, and my brother still got to continue playing. 

The Xbox was relatively fine, though. Thank goodness. Almost thought I lost one of my good friends that day.

5. Decided to try "alcohol" for the first time, since all the cool people were doing it. Being stupid, I thought everyone was just kicking back shots of rubbing alcohol, so I tried that. Didn't kill myself, but my mother had a good laugh out of it as she grounded me again. 

So there you have it, a list of 5 stupid things I've done in my life. They're not even in order, and not even the worst, I believe. Oh, and there's a reason for this post. Yes, contrary to popular opinion, I actually think and plan things out now. So, reason for this post will arise in my next post, so stay tuned!

Over and out,

2 comments:

  1. Number five on that list has definitely got to be the most stupid thing.
    Not only did you do something dumb, but you did it because "all the cool people were doing it". That multiplies the score on that one by a factor of five, you know.

    Me? I've never done anything stupid, ever. No, not at all.
    Who am I kidding, I'm the guy who decided it'd be a good idea to inhale Mentos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knooow. That was not a proud moment in my life. Haha. Wow. Inhaling Mentos. How'd that work out for you?

      Delete

do you have anything to say about the sugar-fueled shizz i have hastily posted above? don't hesitate! comment now!

(i just realized how infomercial-y that sounded. but hey, don't let that stop you from commenting!)