Saturday, December 25, 2010

What Christmas Means to Me

Hey guys! So it's Christmas (well, where I am, anyway) and I am just gonna write this quick blog post before my family and I head off to yet another Christmas party where there will be gifts and merriment and of course, food! Cakes and cupcakes (my favorite is chocolate. mmmm), pancit, chicken barbecue, embutido, fruit salads, lumpia, palabok, potato salad, rellenong bangus, kare-kare (one of my favorite dishes), etc. (since I am Filipino, these are the dishes that are served at a typical Filipino Christmas party. You are free to google some of them but I do assure you all are dee-li-cious!)


This is kare-kare (or ox-tail in peanut sauce) Yum eh?


So the reason I haven't really been active with posts these last two or three days is because of these Christmas parties and all the eating and going out. So yeah, my diet is shot. Serves me right for trying to go on a diet in December, knowing perfectly well about all the parties and food. Haha. I am also loving the exchanging of gifts and all the Christmas shopping. Seems like everything's on sale!

But of course, since I am a Christian, (and I am going to try to not drone on and be all preachy) I do believe that Jesus Christ is the reason for the season (see what I did there? Haha). He changed my life ever since I accepted Him into my heart so each Christmas, my family and I try to not be blinded by Santa Claus and the reindeers and all the food and gifts but we try and focus more on how God gave His son Jesus to die for our sins and save all of us.

Hey. Everyone's entitled to their own beliefs aren't they? :)

Merry Christmas,

3 comments:

  1. merry christmas! :D
    lucky you, getting to attend all those parties. haha, december is certainly not a month for diets, but whatever. PRESENTS! =D
    in Pakistan we don't celebrate christmas as such. so i'm missing out on the happy, festive mood the rest of the world has. :P
    that kara-kara looks yum.
    and your beliefs are very, very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, dude! :'D
    Our poor uniforms will be crying when we get back next year. XD
    And I nearly texted you a while ago.. ''OTL

    Anyway.. Looks like you had a nice Christmas :)

    God bless! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Furree Katt: Well yeah but all those parties equate to a fatter me. Haha.

    Aww. Too bad you don't really celebrate Christmas in Pakistan. But that's okay, I'm sure you have a lot of other holidays that are just as fun.

    And yes, kare-kare is yummy! :)

    @kray: Why will our uniforms be crying? Haha. Have you studied for the AnaPhysio exam yet?

    You can't text me. I forgot to ROAM ON my phone. :))

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too. (despite all this studying we have to do. haha)

    God bless. :)

    ReplyDelete

do you have anything to say about the sugar-fueled shizz i have hastily posted above? don't hesitate! comment now!

(i just realized how infomercial-y that sounded. but hey, don't let that stop you from commenting!)