Saturday, March 12, 2011

Regret

Alone tonight under the starry night sky,
the wind caressing my skin.
I wonder what could have happened,
what could have been.

And now all i can do is dream of all the things I didn't do.
All those things and all that time I never spent with you.
Now all I have left are memories of you and me and us,
and all those fairytale things that are all now in my past.

I once took you for granted and never really cared
about your sweet nothings and the way you lovingly stared.
But now you're gone and I never really thought I'd miss you,
then why am I here belatedly saying I love you and I need you?


Hey, I'm entitled to some emo shizz every once in a while, aren't I?

Sincerely,

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful poem. :) I didn't even know that you wrote poetry! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jodie-Ann: thanks. and yes, poetry has been something i've been neglecting for a while. this is actually an old piece tweaked a bit.

    @Furree Katt: *hugs back* :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's the best part about this poem? It's so relatable. It's like you put my feelings, and I'm sure a lot of others' feelings all worded in your experiences.
    Beautifully heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Aseela Haque: thanks. :)

    @Simply Aya: glad you liked and related to the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ISHY ARE YOU DEDICATING THIS POEM TO THE UBERRRR COLD GUY WHOSE STASH YOU DELETED FROM YOUR PC?

    ReplyDelete

do you have anything to say about the sugar-fueled shizz i have hastily posted above? don't hesitate! comment now!

(i just realized how infomercial-y that sounded. but hey, don't let that stop you from commenting!)